Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Bosch Vision Washing Machine Error Code E17



My Bosch Washing machine suddenly began giving an error Code of E-17 when it is started. The last use worked fine the day before. No water comes in and the drain hose pulses as if it is trying to drain. I have cleaned the screens in both water supply lines, but the code continues to appear on starting no matter what cycle is used. This is a model WFVC6450UC/20. Any suggestions?

E17 error code - FixYa Just googled your code and came up with this hope it helps.

Thank you very much. The repair worked just as the FixYa said it would. It was a little difficult getting into the area where the micro switch and water was located, but when I got it all cleaned out, the machine worked again. As the FixYa message indicated, I also don't see any indication of a leak that would have let the water accumulate in the bottom. I left the access panel off and watched a full cycle with no indication of any leaks. Anyway, thanks again. You guys at Do It Yourself continue to provide a wonderful service for me.

Cleaning out the water did get rid of the E-17 code, but after observing a few cycles, it appears there might be a slight leak somewhere. Are there any manuals available where I can see get into the top or back of the washer? I think it might be one of the plastic connectors where the water hoses screw on, but I don't see readily gain access.

Don't know about manuals but most Bosch have a couple of screws in back top. Take screws out and top slides back. Some have small plastic plugs in front control panel area that come out and there are screws under them. Plugs are about a dime size.

That was easy to get the top off with your guidance. I did find the dual inlet water valve leaking under one of the soleniods. I have ordered the replacement and hopefully all will be repaired in about a week. Thanks again for your help.






Tags: bosch, washing, machine, error, code